Hello everyone! In yesterday’s post I mentioned the 2014 BookTube-a-thon challenge. The challenge was a fun way to tackle your TBR pile with some challenges and to read as much as possible in one week! Since I was unable to participate in this year’s BookTube-a-thon, I have decided to combine it with the challenges from last year to make myself one giant reading challenge for August. I recently increased my 2014 Goodreads challenge from 150 books to 200 books, so I could use the help! Some of the books are ones that I read in school but I still consider them part of my TBR list because I don’t remember much about them plus I would like to revisit them for fun. My TBR is getting obscenely long so it is time to make a plan and take it down! 🙂
2013 BookTube-a-thon Challenges:
1) Read a classic – The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer
2)Re-read a book – Looking for Alaska by John Green
3)Read something that had been on your shelf for forever – Bizarre History by Joe Rhatigan
4)Finish a series – I have read the original Maze Runner trilogy by James Dashner but I still need to read The Kill Order which is the prequel to the series.
5)Read something over 500 pages – On top of this challenge, I am also rereading the Harry Potter series. I love rereading it every couple of years and going back to that time of dressing up for book releases, having day-long parties before the movie releases and all of that fun stuff! So my book that I will re-read will be Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I aim to have Prisoner of Azkaban finished before August starts which shouldn’t be an issue. I know this should be for the re-read a book challenge but I don’t really have any books over 500 pages that I want to dive into right now.
6)Read 300 pages a day – This is the one challenge that I know I won’t be able to complete 😦 With the Erie County Fair in August and working some pretty dismal hours, I shall try my best but on the 11 and 12 hour days, I’ll be lucky if I stay awake long enough to read 100 pages!
7)Read an audio book – The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket and narrated by Tim Curry. I have been meaning to finish this series for ages! I have read up to the 6th book, The Ersatz Elevator, but it has been so long that I really need to start from the beginning and go through them all again.
2014 BookTube-a-thon Challenges:
1) Start and finish a series – Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll
2) Read a book with pictures in it – The Cartoon Introduction to Macroeconomics by Yoram Bauman and Grady Klein (I recently have been needing something economics-related in my life so I found these cartoon introduction books. I read the into to Microeconomics and really enjoyed it!)
3) Read a book from the genre you have read the least this year – Historical Fiction – Mr. Churchill’s Secretary by Susan Elia MacNeal
4) Read a book someone else picks out for you – My friend Kara has been trying for ages to get me to read some Agatha Christie so I shall be reading Murder on the Orient Express.
5) A book with red on the cover – Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock
6) Read a book-to-movie adaptation – Fantastic Mr. Fox by Roald Dahl
7) Read 7 books in 7 days – Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs; The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey; The Expats by Chris Pavone; The Bermudez Triangle by Maureen Johnson; Mrs Queen Takes the Train by WIlliam Kuhn; Harry, a History by Melissa Anelli; and the Puzzler’s Dilemma by Derrick Niederman
TOTAL NUMBER OF BOOKS – 20
TOTAL NUMBER OF PAGES – 6,011
LET’S DO THIS!!