Hello everyone! I don’t know if I have divulged the fact that I have a small obsession with lip products. Essiebutton and Amelia created a lip product addict tag (video link here) and I thought I would share my answers with you!
1. Favorite balm/treatment – My favorite lip balm is the line of EOS lip balms. They come in lots of great flavors and with the mint one, I love the cooling sensation that comes with it. For a lip scrub, it has to be the LUSH Mint Julips lip scrub. I did a full review on my post about LUSH products here.
2. Best eye-catching red – The Kate Moss lipstick from Rimmel in number 01. This red is a slightly darker red but the color is just gorgeous and a bit more sultry. The formula is wonderful and I am a big fan of this whole line!
3. Best luxury and best drugstore – My favorite line of luxury lipsticks (these are definitely on the affordable end of luxury but you can only find through Birchbox and the Model Co. website) would be the Model Co. Party Proof Matte lipsticks in the Neutral line. My favorite lipstick from that line is definitely Kitty which is a very pretty warm pink color. The formula is so rich and moisturizing and the color is subtle and lovely.
My favorite drugstore line is definitely the Revlon Colorburst line in both lacquer and matte. You have heard me rave about these many times before so I shall spare you another go around 🙂 My favorite from the matte line is #240 Striking. My favorite from the lacquer line is #150 Enticing. Both are gorgeous bright reds!
4. Best MAC lipstick – This was pretty hard! I love the Satin MAC Red which was my first MAC lipstick. But I think it has been displaced by a recent purchase, the frost lipstick in Sandy B. I have been loving nude lipsticks more and more recently and this has been a staple in my makeup bag. It is a warm dusty pink with some very pretty shine and it has been perfect for the summertime!
5. Most disappointing lipstick – It has to be the Hourglass liquid lipstick in Opaque Rouge. The color was too dark for me and the formula just did not work on my lips at all. It was streaky, it dried weird and just did not want to cooperate. It had very little staying power and I am happy I only picked up a sample of it rather than buying a full size.
6. Liner? Yes or no – Nope. I have never delved into the lip liner and really have no desire to. Plus having to find liners that match all of the different colors that I have? I spend enough on lip products as it is!! Although Amelia does talk about the Lipstick Queen invisible lip liner going with everything…maybe. We’ll see but for right now, no to the liner.
7. Best Gloss – I am going high-end and drug store lines with this too. Best high-end is the Marcelle Lux Gloss. It is creamy (no stickiness!!) and very nice on the lips. I love the color #70 Lolita! It is such a warm coral color that goes with pretty much everything.
Best drugstore definitely goes to the Maybelline Color Elixir line! The formula is also very creamy and there are a wide variety of colors to choose from! Breathtaking Apricot is my number one pick from there which is another bright warm coral color.
8. Something extra – Honorable mention for both drugstore lipsticks and lipglosses come from the same company! NYX butter glosses and lipsticks are AWESOME! Lots of different colors, great formulas and the glosses smell delicious. 🙂