Hello everyone! I don’t know if I have divulged the fact that I have a small obsession with lip products. Essiebutton and Amelia created a lip product addict tag (video link here) and I thought I would share my answers with you!
1. Favorite balm/treatment – My favorite lip balm is the line of EOS lip balms. They come in lots of great flavors and with the mint one, I love the cooling sensation that comes with it. For a lip scrub, it has to be the LUSH Mint Julips lip scrub. I did a full review on my post about LUSH products here.
2. Best eye-catching red – The Kate Moss lipstick from Rimmel in number 01. This red is a slightly darker red but the color is just gorgeous and a bit more sultry. The formula is wonderful and I am a big fan of this whole line!
3. Best luxury and best drugstore – My favorite line of luxury lipsticks (these are definitely on the affordable end of luxury but you can only find through Birchbox and the Model Co. website) would be the Model Co. Party Proof Matte lipsticks in the Neutral line. My favorite lipstick from that line is definitely Kitty which is a very pretty warm pink color. The formula is so rich and moisturizing and the color is subtle and lovely.
My favorite drugstore line is definitely the Revlon Colorburst line in both lacquer and matte. You have heard me rave about these many times before so I shall spare you another go around 🙂 My favorite from the matte line is #240 Striking. My favorite from the lacquer line is #150 Enticing. Both are gorgeous bright reds!
4. Best MAC lipstick – This was pretty hard! I love the Satin MAC Red which was my first MAC lipstick. But I think it has been displaced by a recent purchase, the frost lipstick in Sandy B. I have been loving nude lipsticks more and more recently and this has been a staple in my makeup bag. It is a warm dusty pink with some very pretty shine and it has been perfect for the summertime!
5. Most disappointing lipstick – It has to be the Hourglass liquid lipstick in Opaque Rouge. The color was too dark for me and the formula just did not work on my lips at all. It was streaky, it dried weird and just did not want to cooperate. It had very little staying power and I am happy I only picked up a sample of it rather than buying a full size.
6. Liner? Yes or no – Nope. I have never delved into the lip liner and really have no desire to. Plus having to find liners that match all of the different colors that I have? I spend enough on lip products as it is!! Although Amelia does talk about the Lipstick Queen invisible lip liner going with everything…maybe. We’ll see but for right now, no to the liner.
7. Best Gloss – I am going high-end and drug store lines with this too. Best high-end is the Marcelle Lux Gloss. It is creamy (no stickiness!!) and very nice on the lips. I love the color #70 Lolita! It is such a warm coral color that goes with pretty much everything.
Best drugstore definitely goes to the Maybelline Color Elixir line! The formula is also very creamy and there are a wide variety of colors to choose from! Breathtaking Apricot is my number one pick from there which is another bright warm coral color.
8. Something extra – Honorable mention for both drugstore lipsticks and lipglosses come from the same company! NYX butter glosses and lipsticks are AWESOME! Lots of different colors, great formulas and the glosses smell delicious. 🙂
Hello everyone! Today I just had to share with you some of the fun things I have purchased over the past month(ish). Let’s get to the products!
The Lorac Pro Palette – (Ulta)
A couple of months ago I bought the mini Lorac Pro Palette with Nude, Pewter and Espresso in it to keep in my purse for touch ups. I fell in love with the creaminess of the shadows, how velvety and wonderful they felt on the lid and the great pigmentation! The staying power is pretty awesome as well. I toyed with buying the full size palette for about a month and after looking at it in Ulta at least four different times, I finally purchased it. I regret nothing. The full palette offers so many great options to create plenty of different looks! The shadows are creamy and pigmented and I may be in love with this palette. I am so happy I finally bought it!!!
Benefit the Pore-fessional – (Ulta) (Sephora)
I received a trial size of the Pore-fessional a while back and really enjoyed it. I tried using the Maybelline Baby Skin as a dupe for it but I didn’t like it nearly as much as I liked the Pore-fessional. It’s a great primer and it works well underneath my foundation to give me a more flawless finish.
Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil – (Ulta) (Sephora)
I posted before that my face has been having an epic freak out the past couple of months. In my latest attempt to quell the crazy on my face, I ordered the Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil and prayed to the face oil gods. I do believe it has helped some because I am pretty sure part of the reason my face has been angry is because I wasn’t using the best moisturizer for my crazy skin. My face is clearing up a bit and looks brighter and healthier and I do think part of it is due to this oil! I got the smaller rollerball bottle and I am a big fan.
Mac Prep + Prime Highlighter in Light Boost – (Mac)
I have been loving this highlighter from Mac to help brighten underneath my eyes which have been particularly prone to dark circles lately. I suppose I should sleep more and drink more water but alas! This blends very well into the skin (the top stripe is straight off the pen without blending) and it helps me look a bit more awake when all I want to do is curl back up in bed with a good book and a cup of tea 🙂
Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Eyeshadow in Rio de Rose Gold – (Sephora)
This eyeshadow. OH MY FREAKING GOD THIS EYESHADOW! I am in love and I am trying to be good and not buy non-essential makeup for a little while but GOOD GOD I WANT TO GO BACK AND BUY ALL OF THE COLORS!! The top stripe is straight off of the applicator while the bottom smudge is more rubbed in. It is so metallic and feels very nice on the lid. It has great staying power and works well when you blend in other powder eyeshadows. I love putting this color on my lid and then either Garnet or Sable from the Lorac Pro Palette in the crease. I am mildly obsessed with this eyeshadow and I want to wear it every single day for the rest of my life.
Those are all of the items for this haul. Have you picked up anything recently that you are loving? Let me know in the comments below! 🙂
Hello everyone! I have seen a few of these Makeup Timer challenges going around and figured I would take it on. What you do is time yourself to see how long it takes you to do all of your makeup. If you haven’t done this, try it out and leave the link below! If you have done it, leave your link below so I can see if anyone might take longer than me! I do hope someone does…oops 🙂
The look that I went for was my nicer going out in public look.
Primer – Benefit the Pore-fessional – 49 seconds
Foundation – Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 hour Full Coverage Foundation in Fair-Light-Honey with a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush – 1 minute 35 seconds
Concealer – NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer – Custard – 43 seconds
Highlighter – Benefit High Beam – 23 seconds
Powder – Benefit Agent Zero Shine – 53 seconds
Brows – Naked Palette – Buck with angled brush – 28 seconds
Bronzer – Tarte Park Avenue Princess with Real Techniques Retractable Kabuki brush – 39 seconds
Eye Shadow – Maybelline Color Tattoo – Bad to the Bronze – 30 seconds
Inner Corner – Too Faced Smokey Eye Palette – White Lie – 40 seconds
Eyeliner – Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner – Dark Brown – 39 seconds
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner – Whiskey – 21 seconds
Mascara – Benefit They’re Real – 27 seconds
Brow Bone highlighter – Chella Highlighter – Ivory Lace – 27 seconds
Lipstick – Mac Flamingo (A24 – Lustre) – 23 seconds
Setting Spray – Urban Decay Chill – 12 seconds
TOTAL TIME *gulp* – 9 minutes and 9 seconds (not as bad as I thought it was going to be!)
Here is the finished look!